Saturday, July 18, 2015

Black+Blue

1032 Alberni St
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2V6

     On Tuesday this week for my birthday I decided to visit Black+Blue, one of the many restaurants under The Glowbal Collection, with a good friend of mine. Black+Blue, despite some terrible ratings on certain sites, is actually one of my favourite restaurants. I've never encountered any of the problems that people mention. The service is impeccable and the food is delicious. Although to some, the price point is considered to be too high, I think that the experience is well worth it, especially when taking the luxe decor and amazing overall environment into account. But to those who want the experience without the hefty price tag, it is easily achieved by going during Cocktail Hour, every day from 2:30pm-5:30pm, when the entire Cocktail Hour food menu is 50% off.

     When I went this time with my friend, we decided to order the Mussels and Frites, as well as the Crab and Spinach Dip for appetizers. The mussels were fresh, with an amazing texture and were flavoured well, while the fries were golden perfection, especially when paired with the creamy dipping sauce. The Crab and Spinach Dip was exceptional when paired with the crispy forno bread. We also had an USDA Strip Loin Hot Rock. It was fun to watch the meat cook before our eyes. Make sure to watch carefully though, or you might overcook the meat! Since it was still early and the appetizers were more than enough to fill us up, so we decided to forgo mains. Since it was my birthday, I got dessert on the house! If you tell them that it's your birthday and show valid proof, they will give you some type of dessert.

                                                                   Here's what I got!                          


Located at the heart of downtown Vancouver, this 3-level modern twist of the classic steakhouse is a must visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment